18 June 2008

Lauren + Lee: Married!

It's weddings like Lauren and Lee's that demostrate exactly why I love this job so much. From the moment I arrived in Canton, PA (after a five hour drive from Northern Virgina), I was greated with huge hugs from their family at the local bar where they met. From that instant, and throughout the weekend, I felt more like an invited guest than a hired vendor. And like any guest, I had a terrific time.

After spending the morning in the salon she booked for private time with her bridesmaids, she looked every part the princess as she put on her gown. You'd never know she was a self-proclaimed tom-boy, in her ruffled gown, tiara and radiant (i.e. contagious!) smile. The ceremony was held at her parents' bed and breakfast, Rock Girt, a gorgeous English style cottage nestled in the mountains with a perfect lake backdrop. And it reflected the personal touches indicitive of their personalities, with the reading of a poem written by Lee, personal vows and a song sung by the bridal party.

When it came time for photo ops after the ceremony, I think it took every bit of restraint this couple could muster not to jump in the lake. As you look at the images below, I am sure you will be able to find the one that caused Mrs. Schoonover to yell, "Lauren Rae, don't you dare!" Meanwhile, the bridal party piled themselves into a pyramid, at the suggestion of my second photographer, Mark Gardner.

And the celebration continued well into the night. As I finally departed at 3:00am, guests and bridal party made their way back to the lake in the darkness to find the tents where they would be camping out for the remainder of the evening.

Lauren and Lee, thank you so much for inviting me to spend such a great celebration with you. Mark and I truly enjoyed working with both of you and wish you a lifetime of happiness.















End note: I received a request from the parents to include a photo of the photographers. And since Mark and I were having such a great time, we couldn't help but oblige :) Thanks for taking it, Angie!


4 comments:

Angie said...

Heather, These are fantastic!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed Canton and all of the fun associated with the wedding. I'm also honored to be a "guest photographer" on you blog! ;-) I think my favorite shot will always be the pyramid, but the shots on the dock are a close second! Talk to you soon! -Angie

Angie said...

Posting for my mother-in-law:

Heather,
Oh my gosh, what great pictures! You have capture Lauren and Lee to a tee. They will be able to relive their special day forever and get that same feeling back bc of your talent for capturing the moment. You are amazing. We have taken a vote and you are now an official member of the family and the Canton Community.....so hurry back and feel free to stay here anytime you need a break from the city. Oh and I am holding a very large camera lens of yours hostage.
Hugs to you and Mark.....
MB (Lauren's mom)

Angie said...

Posting for my mother-in-law:

Heather,
Oh my gosh, what great pictures! You have capture Lauren and Lee to a tee. They will be able to relive their special day forever and get that same feeling back bc of your talent for capturing the moment. You are amazing. We have taken a vote and you are now an official member of the family and the Canton Community.....so hurry back and feel free to stay here anytime you need a break from the city. Oh and I am holding a very large camera lens of yours hostage.
Hugs to you and Mark.....
MB (Lauren's mom)

Anonymous said...

Lee and I just wanted to thank you and Mark for being so freakin' cool. We love both of you and have gotten so many compliments on the pictures both of you have posted as well as comments on how fun both of you were to be around. Thank you so much for being so great and capturing our day so beautifully.