10 June 2008

Christina + Vincent: Married!

Christina and Vincent were referred to me last fall by the lovely and talented Laura Auer of Soiree Special Events. She coordinated a beautiful event at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, with the help of DaVinci Florist, R & R Catering, Cakes by Design, John Farr Lighting and entertainment provided by The Biscaynes. I've been to the Torpedo Factory many times in the past, but never before have I seen it looking so beautiful. As you can see below, professional lighting really can make all the difference and John Farr created magic in a wonderland that DaVinci's provided. I was so impressed by all of the details that this will be my longest post to date!

This was my first event with Laura, and little did we know that our initial event together would be a bonding one. During the middle of our formal photo session, Christina, Vincent and I were trapped in the boxwood garden near Hollin Hall during a sudden downpour. Laura had to make two trips through slanting rain and hail to rescue us and my equipment. By the time we made it to the break between the ceremony and reception, she and I were soaked above the knee and had to make a quick Gap run for pants to finish off the day...just in time for the sun to come out!













1 comment:

SoireeLaura said...

Wow, Heather -- these look GREAT! You forgot to tell everyone how the waitress at lunch spilled Coke all over us after we had been soaked in the rain. ::le sigh:: it was one for the record books!

I love the images you captured and I know Christina & Vincent will be thrilled.